Floridia Cheese is a family-owned manufacturer of Italian style cheeses based in Thomastown Victoria. Floridia looks to develop long term relationships with a small number of farmers to supply high quality milk, keeping in mind the use for the milk is in cheese manufacturing. All farmers who supply Floridia Cheese must:
- Have a current Dairy Food Safety Licence and meet all state and federal legislation in relation to milk production, including environmental/effluent management and animal welfare.
- Comply with Floridia Cheese quality standards and program.
- Be located nearby existing suppliers or within a region allowing efficient milk pick up for Floridia’s nominated transport carrier.
- Allow for safe and efficient tanker access to milk loading on the farm.
- The supply of milk relates specifically to the period 1st July 2022 to 30 June 2023
- Whilst Floridia Cheese is presently not seeking new supply, that position is open to change during the year.
In accordance with the requirements of Section 56 of the Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Dairy) Regulations 2019 Floridia Cheese reports there have been no disputes for the reporting period 1 May 2021 to 30 April 2022.